The East Flats | ?m | 25-45s | Claridge | EVOQ

Another from today:

DJI_0024-HDR.jpg

This one building will basically double the population of this little area and introduce some retail. It is interesting to watch the line of density developing from central Gatineau to Zibi and up Booth. Next to be complete is the library.

Is this using a special lens or zoom? I didn't think Parkdale Collective would be visible from downtown.

I remarked on this on the first page in this thread too...it's really surprising how noticeable these towers are when you're standing on Queen

Didn't realize up until this week that this project wasn't NEUF.

I will take a picture next time I am walking by but the brick install has started. Too bad the white panel plan was not followed.

I will take a picture next time I am walking by but the brick install has started. Too bad the white panel plan was not followed.
I drove by this morning and didn't see any brickwork. Which exposure? I was looking on the North because it's the only one that's mostly blueskinned.Is it the light gray stone as I suspected?

My theory about the light gray stone has finally been confirmed.

I went by today as well and I think this may be insulation - looks like there's still some depth left on the ledges for masonry when looking up from the base. You can also see the same coloured material behind the brick on the podium. I imagine you're still right about what the final colour will be though. The north and west elevations are going to be pretty bleak until the 2nd tower goes up.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.00.22 PM.png

F1AB8EB6-FED0-4D9B-861B-35C4D0F5BE1F_1_102_o.jpeg

I don't think I've seen grey mineral wool insulation panels in our market, but they do exist. Could be rigid board as well. I am almost certain that this is insulation in my picture upon closer inspection, as you suspect. When I saw gray, I just thought 'hey there's those bundles of gray stone that have been on the ground for months going up' and carried on.

They have been doing concrete landscaping work, so it is possible those grey stones are for landscaping as well. At least I hope.

Back