1.9K     0 

Ottawa/Gatineau | Zibi | Dream

Advertising from July

IMG_5012 copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5012 copy.JPG
    IMG_5012 copy.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 520
This is an interesting project, as it is located on the former EB Eddy lands and straddles the Ottawa River and the provincial boundary. It's unusual enough to have development projects straddling municipal boundaries, let alone the boundary between two municipalities in different provinces.

Yesterday, the OMB dismissed the appeals of the land use approvals for the development on the Ontario side. Douglas Cardinal and five other appellants had objected to the approvals on the basis that the it is unceded Algonquin land with significant cultural heritage value.

Can't wait they start the building on the south east corner of eddy n tache

O and Aalto II are just gross. They look like stacks of shipping containers. I'm sad they will forever be the first layer on that stretch of shore. I hope the newly glassed Les Terrasses will draw the eye away from these monstrosities.

20240112_124616.jpg

The contrast between the Ottawa side and Gatineau side of the project is jarring. Significant drop in quality. Sticking with the red brick colour on both sides would have made all the difference.

Just out of curiosity has any retail opened here like a café or restaurant?

Just out of curiosity has any retail opened here like a café or restaurant?
Not that I'm aware of. They might have some pop-up retail at O1 once in a while in summer, along with the Zip Line counter, but that's it.

I've heard that they have a few prospective (exciting) tenants lined up but I'm guessing the tenants want a bit more of a critical mass of residents before opening.

Back