News   Jan 27, 2020
 1.7K     0 
News   Nov 14, 2019
 1.9K     0 

Ottawa/Gatineau | Zibi | Dream

Pangishimo Park this morning
20240302_115739.jpg

20240302_115715.jpg

Went by the Zibi house today and the woman working there told me they'll be breaking ground on site 204 on the Ottawa side this spring and 01 in Gatineau some time later this year. 07 is in limbo until they find a tenant for that office space (good luck with that).

1712952505365.png

Wow, this is an excellent and exciting update! I think 204 is extremely important, and I'm really excited to hear that it's breaking ground. More residents are desperately needed to encourage retail/entertainment. I wonder what 01 will bring? I'm hoping it will be quite tall, so that the skyline ramps up from Aaalto/O to Les Terraces. A 25 story point tower would be perfect there.

Hoping we see designs for the next phase on the Quebec side. Colour please.

Hoping we see designs for the next phase on the Quebec side. Colour please.
I will always miss the auburn colour of Les Terrasses in golden hour. I'm excited for the modernization of such a major federal asset, but I think all that teal and navy glass will be far less striking on the skyline. Then there is the first row of Quebec Zibi, which looks to me like a city made from stacks of shipping containers straight out of Ready Player One. I agree that whatever goes in between ought to have some colour, and hopefully tie 'The Stacks' to the Les Terrasses in a cohesive way.

Back